Thursday, December 1, 2011

A List of Spectacular Things


Spending Thanksgiving with the least obedient people in Ohio. The theme of our visit seemed to be Let’s do something illegal!

Marianne’s dark chocolate with sea salt

Hearing the Cleveland Orchestra play in Severance Hall. It would be nice to compare them to other orchestras, but they’re so much better that no one else comes close.

Presents!
The present in question turned out to be a chicken ornament
made out of dried orange peels.

Joe, happy with a present in one hand and a knife
 in the other

Joe's dad, caught in a moment of triumph




Rainy weather in the desert.

The Muddy Mountains all covered in snow because of the delightful cold front we’re experiencing.
On Muddy Peak, almost two years ago




Joe asking me repeatedly if I’d like to practice blowing my nose because, “Now is the time to become a professional nose blower.”

Williams-Sonoma’s peppermint hot cocoa with frothed milk.

Northern Exposure on Netflix.

Christmas music all day long on Sunny 106.5

This (Bury me standing) fantastic book about Gypsies that has squelched my lifelong desire to be one.

My cute little classroom of students.

The last scene from Monteverdi’s opera The Coronation of Poppea. It’s an irresistibly beautiful duet between Nero and Poppea, listen for the close intervals as their voices slide by one another.

Little Gwant! is going on a mission to Guatemala City in January.

Looking forward to getting to the top of this mountain once the weather warms up just a tad.
Mormon Mountains as seen from Moapa peak



Joe made vegetable noodle soup last night and it was delicious. I’d eat it right now if I hadn’t already eaten all of it.

For now, that's it. Not because there isn't more but because I need to go to sleep, and I'm hoping for any one of these things to make it into my dreams. Good night!

3 comments:

Ron said...

As always, an interesting, fun read, albeit, disenchantment set in as I kept anticipating that illegal activity you teased us with. Looks like Joe is a good guy.

Carol Swift said...

A chicken ornament? Hmmmm..interesting. What did you do that was illegal?

Emily said...

I'll tell you all about it at the Christmas Eve party... you'll both be there, right??