Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet Home Mississippi

The best thing about Mississippi is the smell of humidity mixed in with fresh, natural greenery. Mmm- so good. A close second best is my family. I just came back from Sandhill, Mississippi- a delightful village where cell phones don't get service and the nearest small town is 45 minutes away. It was a wonderful trip.

A few of my favorite moments:


Going out with uncle Doug on his motorcycle.

Spending time with cousin Tina.

Seeing everyone I hadn't seen in years.

Watching uncle Doug round up the cows for slaughter.

Going to Dewayne's chicken houses (he raises chickens for KFC).

Talking to my grandma and grandpa every day (except for the morning lectures from my grandpa).




Everything about the trip was great- I loved being in a place surrounded by trees, grass, plants, gardens, ponds; without the noise from cars or construction. It had been almost 5 years since my last visit- entirely too long, but hopefully I'll be able to visit more often in the future... Ah, what a refreshing thought.

2 comments:

Ron said...

And I thought that smell mixed with humidity was "farm stuff." Looks like a great trip - didn't grandpa have anything good to say?

Brenda M said...

You might want to add the picture of you and Uncle Doug on the Bike.